In cooperation with the company Infodom, FOI – Faculty of Organization and Informatics and ICENT – Innovation Center Nikola Tesla, ZIH has started work on the project Center of Competence for Digital Transformation of the Food Industry in Rural Areas.
The project is funded by the European Structural and Investment Funds and lasts 33 months. The general objective of the project is: 1. to increase the absorption of digital technologies and Industry 4.0 in rural areas, 2. to increase the competitiveness of stakeholders in rural areas and 3. to contribute to the development of rural areas and the preservation of population.
This venture consists of 8 project units:
- Development of “Smart” Agriculture,
- Development of a software platform to support decision-making in the adaptation of business systems (cooperatives, family farms, small and medium enterprises),
- Development of distribution platforms for food production,
- Development of a software platform for the collaboration of end users and the food industry in rural areas,
- Development of software and portals for self-control and sanitary regulatory frameworks in food production,
- Development of “Smart Food”,
- Development of “Smart Farm” and
- Development of a digital platform for food distribution and experience services through rural and health tourism.
On behalf of ZIH, 5 employees will participate in this project. The one employee is the holder and participant in three project activities. About 30 experts of various profiles are participating in the this project.