Establishment of CMS (Compliance Management System) as an independent system
What is Compliance Management System?
Business compliance management (CMS) is part of a business system management system. Its main goal is to monitor and control whether it functions in accordance with its external and internal obligations.
There are a whole range of different sources of such obligations. Primarily these are:
• legal regulations (EU, Republic of Croatia, other countries) and regulations of the regulator,
• internal policies, rules, procedures,
• management system standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, ISO 50001, etc.),
• industry standards,
• other sources of obligations (licenses, authorizations, agreements, contracts, investor requests, court practice), etc.
The consequences of not complying with the necessary compliance are: worse business results, various fines, increased costs, loss of permits, authorizations, licenses, loss of investor interest, etc., all of which result in a decline in reputation and business reputation. Practice shows that these consequences can be dramatically large.
Contemporary CMSs are developed on new conceptual, methodological and technological bases in conditions of extremely rapid changes in the business environment, but also within each business system. Today it is an interdisciplinary field whose segments are: compliance with policies, Gap analyzes of non-compliance, compliance with business risks, legal and regulatory compliance, compliance with professional standards, compliance with management system standards, compliance with business processes, compliance with internal controls, data management, in-depth analyses, maturity development management, audits, evaluations of the success and effectiveness of the management system, methods of improving the situation, development of competences for CMS, digitization of CMS, etc.
More on this issue can be found at the following links:
How can ZIH help you?
There are two groups of our services in this type of CMS implementation:
• Business compliance (CMS) in majority state-owned companies
• Business compliance (CMS) in business systems, regardless of their activity
In both cases, it is possible to perform CMS certification according to the ISO 37301:2021 standard (Compliance management systems – Requirements with guidance for use)
The stages of CMS establishment in both of these cases are:
The content of these phases differs to some extent due to the nature of the business systems for which the CMS is being developed.
ZIH has developed ways and procedures to successfully realize these compliances, which we can present to you at your request.
Education in the mentioned field:
• Management of business compliance in majority state-owned companies (link)
• Compliance management in business systems (link)
• Education and certification of Compliance Officers (link)
• Audit of the business compliance management system (link)
• Seminar Certified ISO 37301 Foundation (PECB) (link)
• Seminar Certified ISO 37301 Lead Implementer (PECB) (link)
• Seminar Certified ISO 37301 Lead Auditor (PECB) (link)
You may also be interested in these services and trainings:
Compliance Management system implementation in business system