PECB Lead Pen Test Professional
Mastering the Leadership of a Professional Penetration Testing
This intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to lead a professional penetration test using a mix of practical techniques and management skills.
The course has been designed by Industry experts with in-depth experience in the Penetration Testing fields. Unlike other certifications, this course focuses specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by a professional looking to lead or take part in a penetration test. We drill down into the latest technical knowledge, tools and techniques in key areas including Infrastructure, Web Application and Mobile security as well as Social Engineering. In addition, the course focuses on how to practically apply what has been learned on current day-to-day penetration testing and does not expand on unrelated, dated or unnecessary theoretical concepts.
Along with the in-depth technical hands on skills we teach our participants the management skills they need to lead a penetration test taking into account business risk and key business issues, allowing individuals who complete the course to have the right blend of the real business and technical competencies needed to be a respected, understood and professional penetration tester.
Who should attend?
- Security professionals wanting to gain formal penetration testing skills
- IT staff looking to enhance their technical skills and knowledge
- Auditors looking to understand the penetration testing processes
- IT and Risk Managers seeking a more detailed understanding of the appropriate and beneficial use of penetration tests
- Incident handlers and Business Continuity professionals looking to use testing as part of their testing regimes
- To be able to interpret and illustrate the main Penetration Testing Concepts and Principles
- To understand the core technical knowledge needed to organize and carry out an effective set of tests
- To learn how to effectively plan a penetration test and identify a scope which is suitable and appropriate based on risk
- To learn the practical hands on skills and relevant tools and techniques to conduct a penetration testing effectively
- To effectively manage the time and resources needed to scale a specific Penetration Test
Course Agenda (chapters)
- Introduction to penetration testing, ethics, planning and scoping
- Technical foundation knowledge and techniques (with practical exercises in all areas)
- Conducting a penetration test using tools and techniques, and review of testing areas
- Analyzing results from testing, reporting and follow up
- Certification Exam
A basic knowledge of Penetration Testing is recommended.
- This training is based on both, theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study and lab environment to carry out test using real tools and techniques
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
Examination and Certification
- The “PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP).
- The “PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional” exam is available in different languages ( the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about the exam, refer to the section on PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional Exam
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to the participants
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants
- In case of failure of an exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions
ZIH d.o.o., tel: 01/4855-271, 4855-273, fax: 01/4855-272, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org