ISO 27005:2011 Certified Risk Manager with an introduction to the methodologies of risk management
Mastering risk evaluation and optimal risk management in information security and learning the methods of risk assessment
In this three-day intensive course participants develop the competence to master the basic risk management elements related to all assets of relevance for information security using the ISO/IEC 27005:2011 standard as a reference framework. Based on practical exercises and case studies, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills needed to perform an optimal information security risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle. Participants will learn the different methods of risk assessment used on the market e.g.: CRAMM, EBIOS, MEHARI, OCTAVE and Microsoft Security Risk Management Guide. This training fits perfectly in the framework of an ISO/IEC 27001:2005 standard implementation process.
Who should attend?
- Risk managers
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organization
- Member of the information security team
- IT consultants
- Staff implementing or seeking to comply with ISO 27001 or involved in a risk management program
- To understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques allowing an effective management of risk according to ISO 27005
- To interpret the requirements of ISO 27001 on information security risk management
- To understand the relationship between the information security risk management, the security controls and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization
- To acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing information security risk management program according to ISO 27005
- To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in information security risk management
Day 1: Introduction, risk management program, risk identification and assessment according to ISO 27005
- Concepts and definitions related to risk management
- Standards, frameworks and methodologies in risk management
- Implementation of an information security risk management program
- Risk identification
- Risk assessment
Day 2: Risk evaluation, treatment, acceptance, communication and surveillance according to ISO 27005
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Acceptance of information security risks and management of residual risks
- Information security risk communication
- Information security risk monitoring and review
Day 3: Introduction to methods of risk assessment and Certification Exam
- Introduction to CRAMM
- Introduction to EBIOS
- Introduction to MEHARI
- Introduction to OCTAVE
- Introduction to Microsoft Security Risk Management
- Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager Exam
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on case studies including role playing and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
The “Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts, approaches, methods and techniques of risk management
- Domain 2: Implementation of a risk management program
- Domain 3: Information security risk assessment based on ISO 27005
The “Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form).
Duration: 2 hours
For more information about the exam, refer to PECB section on ISO 27005 Risk Manager Exam.
- A certificate of “ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential.
- For more information about ISO 27005 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO 27005 Risk Manager Certification.
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price.
- A student manual containing over 250 pages of information and practical examples are given to participants.
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits is awarded to participants.
- ISO 27005 is a Guidance on information security risk management and it is not a certifiable standard for an organization.
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions.
5.750,00 kn + VAT
ZIH d.o.o., tel: 01/4855-271, 4855-273, fax: 01/4855-272, e-mail: email@example.com